Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A tribute to relationships: Old Bags ~

Having healthy relationships are just as important as having a healthy diet. Surround yourself with people that will keep you "real" and you have a support group!

We've tried to change the name - who wants to be an "Old Bag", but this one just stuck. We will forever be the "Old Bags". Together since childhood, we know and love each other regardless where life takes us. Other people come and go in my life, but my Old Bags are constant. We have held each other up and supported each other through scrapped knees, school explosions, algebra, college, weddings, childbirth, parent illnesses and deaths, and divorce. With the new age of internet and cell phones, Old Bags are never more than a click or ring away.

How do I explain how important this group of women are to me? They ground me. I will never NOT be an Old Bag. I will always belong to this special group. They will be honest with me no matter what, but with kindness because they love me. They will keep me honest with myself, because they KNOW me.
God put these special ladies in my life and I will be forever grateful. I love you Old Bags. 

Old Bags 1972










The Old Bags 1976

No comments:

Post a Comment