Thursday, January 10, 2013

Daniel Diet continued....


Today is Day 4 of my Daniel Diet fast. So far, so good. I am amazed at all the food I start to pop into my mouth without even thinking. With this diet I am committed to eating only fresh fruits and vegetable, nuts, seeds and whole grains. I thought my diet was pretty good. After all, I read labels. But since giving up all processed foods (for me that would be corn and potato chips, crackers, fries - fried in what?), I realize that just keeping out high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oil, and MSG may not be enough. Since being on this diet I feel like I am going through a detox. I have had a headache and I'm not sleeping well. I think I am going through withdrawal from all those things on the label that I can't pronounce. Day 5 will be better. This has been a good experiment for me. I'd be interested to hear your experience with your New Year "promises". Oh, bonus for me is 2 lbs. lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment