Friday, July 31, 2015

Ice Cream - Yum*

Simple and so yummy with some of my favourite ingredients. And not filled with unhealthy sugar!

Ingredients:

1 banana, cut
 and frozen
1/2 cup frozen cherries

1 tablespoon almond butter
 (see below)
1/2 tablespoon rice syrup or maple syrup

1 tablespoon cocoa or cacao powder or 1 tablespoon carob powder
*
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
1. Chop the banana and freeze.
2. Blend all ingredients in a blender to a smooth consistency.
Eat and enjoy now or freeze until firm.

Almond butter: place almonds in a blender or food processor. Blend......wait for it.....wait for it......just when you think it will never happen, it will become creamy and turn into butter! (Or you can go to Trader Joe's and buy a jar).

*I'm sorry, but I can't recommend the carob. I know many love it, but my taste buds just don't go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment