Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Healthy Fudge

Healthy Fudge sounds like an oxymoron, but it really is possible. This version is chunky if you use my favorite addition at the bottom*. It really helps me with my chocolate addiction. A great way to get that 'fix' without blowing your goals for healthy living. 

Healthy Fudge Recipe

1 cup almond butter (or nut butter of choice)*
1/3 cup coconut oil      
1/4 cup cacao powder  
1/4 cup pure maple syrup/honey**                  
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt or Himalayan salt 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Blend in food processor or blender until smooth. Pour in container and freeze. Will melt at room temperature.

Favorite version: *I put in about a 1/2 cup raw cashews and 1/2 cup raw macadamia nuts and blend until it starts to “butter” a bit, but still has some chunks instead of the nut butter already made.


**Experiment with sweeteners. I prefer Coconut syrup with 3 drops of liquid stevia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment