Saturday, September 23, 2017

Rice Milk

I wanted to have some cereal this morning, but I was out of plant milk. I don't like eating it dry so I got creative. I had some left over brown rice in the frig. I put about a cup of rice into the blender, added about 2 cups of water and blended until it looked smooth. I poured it through a sieve into a jar and had rice milk!

As I am my grandmother's granddaughter, I couldn't just throw away the thick rice goo that was left. I tasted it and it was very much like the Bob's Red Mill Creamy Brown Rice Farina (which I love). So that went on my cereal as well.

I am thinking that this creamy rice farina would make an excellent baby food. No chemicals, less processed than the purchased kind. And it took literally one minute to make from left over rice. Sometimes we just overthink things and make them more difficult than they need to be. Practicality is so simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment