Monday, October 15, 2018

Flouride

Have you checked your toothpaste label? "Keep out of reach of children under 6 years of age. In case of accidental ingestion, seek professional medical assistance or call a Poison Control Center immediately." I'm confused, are we not encouraged to brush our toddler's teeth with toothpaste?  (toddlers who can't even spit properly?) Call Poison Control? The active ingredient is Fluoride. Did you know that fluoride is a waste by-product of the fertiliser and aluminum industry?

There are many stories about fluoride: Too much fluoride can lead to dental fluorosis or skeletal fluorosis, which can damage bones and joints; excess fluoride can damage the parathyroid gland, this can result in hyperparathyroidism, which can result in a depletion of calcium in bone structures and higher-than-normal concentrations of calcium in the blood; Hitler put it in the water to help control the people; fluoride was documented as a neurotoxin that could be hazardous to child development; neurological problems, possibly leading to ADHD......makes the head spin, doesn't it?

Ok, I'm not sure what is right, however, I'm not willing to risk the health of my family or myself. So, just in case, I have taken fluoride out wherever possible. I feel blessed to live where we use rainwater in our home. I raised my kids on farm well water, so feel we dodged a bullet there too. It's something for each individual to look into and see for yourself what is best for you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment