Monday, July 23, 2018

What do I feed my baby?

I remember that scared feeling I got when I realized that I hadn't a clue beyond breastfeeding when it came to feeding my baby. That's when "practical" kicked in and I just gave my baby a taste of soft food when she seemed interested. She had teeth to chew with before I started her on much more than that. All babies are different and develop at different ages, weights, etc. "Normal" is relative. But I have seen the same panic on my girls faces that I experienced. Practical has kicked in for them too and they are doing a wonderful job.

Things are very different these days from when my now 34 year old was a baby. I get to do the grandma thing and try to keep up. Of course I keep the Juice Plus gummies in my cupboard (these kids won't be getting sick on my watch!) for the little ones
I love this thing called a Safety Food Feeder (see photo below). No getting big chunks to choke on. It can get messy, but they love it! My little ones also enjoy sharing GG's shakes. Whenever I start up the blender they all come running and follow me around with mouths open like little birds. I often use a Complete shake as a bribe......they think it is a wonderful treat. I also make popsicles with it. It is so nice to not worry about the ingredients. Pop in some fresh or frozen fruit, chia seeds, or cacao nibs for even more nutrition.

A relaxed parent is so much more efficient. Having Juice Plus around really helps with that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment