Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Self Care

When I think of SELF CARE, I think of an event like a spa day or a pedicure or (my favourite) a massage or some kind of pampering myself. But should it really be just a one-off event? And if I don't have time or money for one of those events, am I failing at my 'self-care'?

I think 'selfishly taking care of oneself' goes way beyond what we currently think of as "self-care". How about the little things that we do every day, like:
Eating nourishing real food.
Honoring my boundaries with work and life.
Cultivating quality sleep.
Meditation and prayer.
Spending time outside in nature.
Soaking up the sunshine on my bare skin.
Cuddling with my hubby.
Cuddling with my dogs (or if you must - a cat).
Practicing yoga or any form of exercise.
Using safe skin and body care products.
Drinking enough pure water.
These are things I personally strive to do every day. And they all help build a solid foundation upon which I can live a healthy, vibrant life. These are ALL acts of 'self-care'. And throwing in a massage now and then can't hurt!
Everything is habit forming, so make sure what you do is what you want to be doing.” — Wilt Chamberlain

No comments:

Post a Comment